Hey friends! I know that not all of you will be going to a watch night service at a local church… me either! Regardless of where you plan to bring in the new year, here are a few tips to ensure a safe night! Check ‘em out!
- If you plan on leaving the house, turn a few lights on in your home to make it appear that you are home and to make it easier when you finally do come home.
- If you are going to be around a bunch of people, take a vitamin C.
- If you are wearing a number of shades of black, you need to know that the camera and flashing lights hide NOTHING!
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and keep your credit cards close to you and avoid large purses. If you do not NEED it, don’t bring it!
- Park your vehicle in well-lit areas, locking all doors and rolling up all windows; consider taking a cab whenever possible. Don’t leave important items on the seat where thugs can see them!
- Hosting a gathering? Be sure to have all the things you need and people assigned to get the things you don’t need so that you do not have to leave your own shindig!
- Have your keys ready and stay alert when walking to your vehicle. Do not walk to your vehicle distracted or on a cell phone.
- Take advantage of the buddy system and don’t travel alone.
- Make sure to pack breath mints. No one wants to be in your face if you have not brushed your teeth and tongue!
- Do wallet checks. People are thugs. Did I already say this?
- Do Not Drink and Drive – it’s not worth it, ever.
- If you know you plan on having sex and no one can change your mind, stock up on the protection. There is a lot going around! Don’t get any of it!
- The police will be out doing their job. Make certain to have your license and registration accessible. many cities do check point.
- Have fun!
- Remember to thank God for allowing you to make through 2010 and allowing you to see a new year!